Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

A long week, but still thankful!

Last week was a very long one around this house. It started off with a bang Monday morning, when Ella Claire woke up with a nasty cold and gooky eyes that were closed shut. Sure hope you aren't reading this and eating your breakfast. :) I knew right away it was pink eye and was hoping the doctor would just call in some drops and we wouldn't have to go into the office. But, because of her cold they wanted to see her. So, off I went with both girls in the cold weather. I decided to take Gracie along too because I had been putting off her first round of immunizations. She's had a lingering stuffy nose from the cold we all had weeks ago.  After a long visit with both girls, my speculations were right, pink eye in both eyes! So, with hoping we wouldn't spread our germs to anyone else,  I quarantined us to the house for the rest of the week. And. it. was. a. long. week. Did I already say that? :)

Thank goodness Gracie, Jeremy or myself have not gotten it! Praying it stays that way! By friday, my hands were dry and cracking because of the frequent washing. On top of EC being sick, Jeremy had a sinus infection and didn't feel his best. But, we all made it!

I didn't get around to posting all the many things I am thankful for this year, but good health is definitely one of them. Maybe I should just go down a bunny trail and mention a few things I am thankful for. This year has been one of the most trying ones I have experienced. Through many circumstances God has shown His faithfulness to us again and again. Without going into boring details, we have learned to completely trust in the Lord and lean not on our own understanding (Prov. 3:5). How many times will we have to learn that lesson??!!?? :) I am thankful for the trials, they have a way of drawing us nearer to Him.

Jeremy has been given an incredible opportunity to open a new business with my brother and continue to work full time for my parents company. This is, like I said a wonderful opportunity, but it has been a challenge and a rather large adjustment for us as a family, mainly because of the amount of hours Jeremy is putting in each week. We have been doing our best to, "Be anxious for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with Thanksgiving, let our request be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)"; and He is answering our prayers just about as quickly as we can speak them. It just reminds me of His love for us and that is another thing I am so thankful for! Exodus 14:14 has become one of my favorite scriptures, and it says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Such a simple little verse, yet so powerful and comforting. Jeremy and I like to text that one to each other as a reminder.

Well, I started this post complaining about my rough week and after typing those verses, it's hard to go back to a grumbly mood! I guess I'll just share a few pictures from my phone from the last few weeks and call it a post. ;)

EC has had lots of birthday parties to attend recently. She got to jump in one of these. Little does she know, she is getting one for Christmas from Noni and Papa. Can't wait to see how excited she will be about that!


This was Titus' birthday party. You might remember his farm animal first birthday from last year.


Laura Katherine turned 2 and had a fun birthday party also! They matched!



I have a spider monkey in the house. EC is constantly climbing on things and her Aunt Jess and Uncle Bri have very lovingly nicknamed her spider monkey. Apparently, we can come up with some crazy nicknames around here. Brian mentioned calling her "trunk monkey." I drew the line with that one, though. It doesn't suit my sweet girl! :) Anyway, so now, when I say, "Ella Claire are you my pumpkin pie, my sweet pea, my Ella Claire bear?" She simply replies, "No, spider monkey!" Here are a few pics of her climbing just from this past week.

I promise I didn't put her up there. I actually watched her climb just as quickly as she could. Just effortless. I took this picture and immediately helped her down. I have to keep my eyes on this little spider monkey.

My gracie girl is growing, growing! About to out grow the moses basket. :(


I'll end this with a picture of the best gigi around! These girls love her so much and she loves them. No matter how bad her 80 year old legs ache, she is constantly trying to make them something in the kitchen. She spoiled me rotten as a child (still does) and is keeping on by spoiling and loving on all 7 of her great grandkids. Love you gigi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...