Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a middle of the night wake up call and a really bad fall


Well, it is getting late, but it's been a week since I've blogged and I have so much to say.  For the last few weeks our neighbors and good friends, Brian and Windy, have been on the baby watch!  I received a text around 1 am last Thursday morning saying Windy had gone into labor! Woo Hoo...finally! Windy started having contractions around 27 weeks and was put on strong medications to keep her from delivering Noah early.  At 34 weeks she was given the okay from her doctor (which just so happens to be my doctor too!), to stop taking the meds. She was 38 weeks last week and had been dilated 3 cm since 36 weeks!  Needless to say, she was ready to have this baby!!!  Windy texted me in the wee hours of the morning because they also have a 2 year old, Jacob, who was fast asleep and unaware of all the excitement. They wanted to keep it that way, so I was happy to hop out of bed and go sit at their home until a family member could come and stay with him until morning.  I was so excited for our friends, that I could hardly get back to sleep when I got back in bed around 2:45 am.  Good thing I couldn't sleep because for some crazy reason Ella Claire decided she couldn't sleep either! She still does this occasionally, and I'm not sure why.  It's odd to me that she can sleep all night for weeks and then randomly, for 2 or 3 nights in a row, she wakes up at the exact same time in the middle of the night! Regardless of the reason, I got back out of bed and fed and rocked her until she was sleeping peacefully again.  Around 5:50 am Windy and Brian welcomed Noah Samuel into the world!  He is perfectly healthy and the cutest little thing! Congrats Brian and Windy and big brother Jacob!!


Friday brought more excitement...not exactly the kind of excitement we all like to see, but excitement!  My parents own a scrap metal recycling company, Dean's Scrap Metal. GO GREEN!!  My brother, Brian works there. (Well, so does Steph, Jeremy and myself) Brian was standing on the side of an 18 wheeler at work and stepped backwards to get down.  Somehow he missed the step and fell backwards.  His right ring finger caught the blunt of the fall....all 6 feet 4 inches, 250 lbs of it!  And this is what it looked like afterwards....
       WARNING!!!....  
If you have a sensitive stomach you might not want to look!

My sister, the nursing student, and me, the "retired" nurse, evaluated the situation and quickly realized he needed to go to the ER.  So, off he went.  A few hours later he was informed it was not broken, just dislocated. Thankfully, they numbed it for him and gave him some oral pain medication then put it back in place...OUCH! He has been sporting a splint all week and feeling much better.  Thank goodness he didn't have any other injuries!


On a more fun note, Ella Claire and I met up with Kim and Madelaine,
and our good friend Sara Jane, and her baby, Laura Katherine for lunch one day last week. Laura Katherine and Ella Claire are almost 2 months apart, so Sara Jane and I shared a lot pregnancy pains and joys together....oh the nausea, right SJ?!?!  :)  We met at Panera and it was a site to see, I'm sure. 3 mamma's and 3 babies between the ages of 4 weeks and 8 months.  We took a few pics to remember our fun lunch date.  We enjoyed it so much that we decided to meet up again tomorrow. Just ignore the fact that I look 9 months pregnant in this picture!  :)

The time is now, well this post has taken me so long, I'm embarrassed to say the time! Hopefully soon, I will get a little faster at this. Let's just say it's way past my bedtime and my wake up call (aka Ella Claire), will be bright and early.  So off to bed I go! Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...