Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

lemon cream cheese puffs

In my last post I posted the picture above. I promised the recipe, so here it is. This is a super easy dessert that is guaranteed to please! It really is so easy and can be whipped up in no time. I first tried them at my friend Windy's house and knew I had to give them a try myself. I'm not sure where the original recipe is from, but Windy is a wonderful cook and changed the recipe to her liking. I have to say, I liked it (LOVED it) and I think you will too!

Lemon cream cheese puffs
Ingredients:
1 box frozen puff pastry sheets
1 8oz box cream cheese
1 lemon
1 lemon zest
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 Tbsp water

Glaze Ingredients:
confectioners sugar
milk
vanilla extract

Set the puff pastry sheets and cream cheese out to thaw. Zest the lemon and cut lemon in 1/2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix 1/2 of the lemon juice, the lemon zest, 1/2 cup sugar and cream cheese. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll out the box of puff pastry sheets with a rolling pin (1/2 of the box at a time) and cut into 4 squares **This is where I used cookie cutters and made stars for the 4th of July. But, it was very time consuming and unless you want to make certain shapes it's easiest to just cut squares.** Put a small amount of the lemon cream cheese filling in the middle of each puff pastry until the filling is gone and evenly divided between all 8 pastries. Fold each pastry over to form triangles and pinch the seams together.

In a small bowl mix together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp of water. Lightly brush the tops of each pastry with the egg mixture. This step is important in helping give the pastries that irresistible golden crispy look. :) Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden on top.

For the glaze there are no exact measurements. I did use about 1 tsp of vanilla, but just add sugar and milk until you get the consistency you prefer. Add more sugar to make it thicker, or milk to thin it out. When the pastries come out of the oven drizzle the glaze on top and serve warm.

If you decide to make this, let me know what you think. If you like lemon, I don't think you'll be disappointed. ENJOY!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...