Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

the reason for the season


















Good afternoon! Wow! Is it cold or what?!? This seems like the perfect weather to stay inside by the fire where it's warm, and not so cold..... and not so windy.... and not so cold! ;) And that, is exactly what we (we as in Ella Claire, Madelaine, Ashton and myself) have been doing today. Today, I'm trying to get back to my normal schedule, whatever normal is. My normal seems to be not so normal, as my schedule seems to be constantly changing. :) But, I'm okay with that. I mentioned that Ashton is with us today. He actually has been staying with my parents again since last Thursday. His mommy could use your prayers. She is recovering from her second surgery (the first surgery was a few weeks ago, when I was keeping Ashton), as she is battling with cancer. My mom and dad will have him another week or so, or as long as it takes for his mom to feel good enough to care for herself and her sweet boy.

Well, I certainly did not intend to start this post with so much information (and sad information at that), but I felt in my heart the need to share. I know there are other situations being faced right now; some just like Ashton's, and that's just another reason to be reminded of the reason for the season.

I hope you know that JESUS is the reason for the season! Without Him, we have no hope, we have nothing, we are nothing. Ella Claire is just a tiny mite, but I am teaching her now about my Jesus and how much he loves her. My parents bought her this adorable little people manger scene last Christmas, and I have been waiting patiently all year to pull it out and teach her the Christmas story. (Don't look too closely at the angel, Gus made a BIG mistake and chewed one of her wings off!)


















I have no idea how much of what I say she is absorbing, but I bet it's more than I think!









































































































I hope my mentioning of Ashton and his mom doesn't leave you feeling sad, and thinking about all the horrible things in this life, but instead rejoice! Rejoice that we do have hope, that there is more to this life than current circumstances, that even when we are facing our impossible current circumstances there is someone greater that understands exactly what we are facing! Over two thousand years ago, a tiny babe was born. He was born in poverty and lived among the lowly. He knows what it feels like to suffer and hurt. But that's not all, He died and conquered the grave, and through that, He promises eternal life for those who believe in Him! I definitely want Ella Claire to grasp that and I want her to grasp it as soon as she can.



























Before I go, here is a picture I took of Ashton this weekend. He was hanging out at my house since my mom was also helping watch Ella Claire after my surgery when J went back to work. It was kinda like a zoo around here for a few days. My mom was keeping Madelaine since I normally do, she was also watching Ella Claire, and Ashton and there I was on medicine recovering from having my wisdom teeth removed. This made for some crazy moments, funny moments, but crazy moments! Anyway, here is Ashton.



























I do have sofas and soft cushioned chairs, but he loves this bench. And he decided to take a nap on it. I was close by to make sure he didn't accidentally roll off. He never did, and he actually slept here for over an hour. :)

Okay, I gotta run. Lots of little people needing my attention. Have a wonderful day and stay warm!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely PRECIOUS, I love that Nativity set! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...