Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

wedding showers and baby preparation

So sorry for my lack of blogging lately! I seem to be apologizing for my absence every time I get on here. Life is so busy, but so fun right now. Besides the anticipation of our baby girl, I will be getting a new sister in about 5 weeks! My brother Brian, is marrying his best friend, Jessica on October 8th and we are busy, busy with wedding preparation. We have so many exciting things going on! Besides hosting a lingerie shower next weekend, I am helping my mom, along with my 2 sisters, with the rehearsal dinner, attempting to build a new office at work, and celebrating Brian's birthday, Jeremy's birthday, my dad's 60th birthday and Ella Claire's 2nd birthday, all before the wedding, and all while hoping I go into labor at any time! :)


I'm 36 weeks and I feel and apparently look (thanks to so many kind comments, mostly from strangers), like I am about to pop! :) According to my ultrasound yesterday, Gracie is weighing in at a whopping 6lbs 12oz, and that could be off by 1/2 a pound either way. Ella Claire weighed 6lbs 6oz at 36 weeks and weighed 7lbs 10oz at birth at 38 weeks and 1 day. I'm getting a little nervous that I might have a large baby if she doesn't come early! Here is a picture at week 36.



A couple weeks ago, I mentioned moving Ella Claire into her big girl room. She is officially moved in and she loves it! I am so thankful that she adjusts so well to change! She loves her new bed and is sleeping so much better than she did on her crib mattress. She does wake up occasionally during the night, but I just go in her room and tell her it's still dark outside and when the sun shines through her window she can come get into mommy and daddy's bed...AND IT WORKS! She goes back to sleep no problem! As soon as I am officially finished with her room, I plan on posting pictures. It's not quite ready yet.

Last weekend, Jess had a wonderful shower hosted by my aunts and cousins. They always go above and beyond, and this one was no exception!! It was such a nice shower and Jess looked absolutely beautiful! She got some really great gifts too!!


Ella Claire was being a silly goose with her cousin Caylee.



Yes, I got two of the mini quiche', they were that good!! And those spreads at the bottom of my plate, those were different flavored homemade butters. I could have literally eaten them with a spoon!


Jess was so sweet to ask the little girls to come help her open presents!


I didn't get any pics of Anna Lauren and Ella Claire at the shower, but I got these later that night at my grandmas house. Anna Lauren fed Ella Claire some yogurt; she was Ella Claire's bff after that! :) My girl loves yogurt!


In preparation for baby sister, I have finally pulled out my embroidery machine that Jeremy bought me early this spring after we found out baby #2 was going to be a girl.

I have monogrammed some things for Gracie...

And, I couldn't leave out Ella Claire. She was in desperate need of bigger panty covers. Hers now look huge next to the newborn ones for Gracie!

I have washed and folded all of our baby girl blankets.

The bedding for the cradle should be finished this week. I am so excited to see it!!

Ella Claire has been helping get ready for baby sister too. Keeping her car seat warm. :)

I found her baby in the bouncy seat the other night. :)

Our favorite book these days is "sister book", as Ella Claire likes to call it.


I promise she does have clothes!

Just a few sweet pictures of Ella Claire sleeping before I go.


I'm planning to be back soon to share some pictures of someones first haircut! Hope your weekend is just swell!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...