Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Our favorite homemade fajitas

Happy Friday everyone! I'm back today with another recipe, one I really hope that you'll try. Chicken fajitas!!

It's one of our favorite summer meals. I have been meaning to share them for a while, since last summer in fact, but you know how that goes....  I thought I better go ahead and post them since summer is quickly coming to an end. I don't have great step by step pictures with this recipe, because I'm usually in a hurry and just throw them together. But don't let that hinder you from trying them. I really think you'll be impressed, because the marinade for these fajitas is just right, and what all the other homemade fajita recipes I've tried, have been lacking. 

The recipe to me is just right and I don't think it needs any tweaking. But, you know me and sometimes I'm out of certain ingredients....okay A LOT of times I'm out of certain ingredients, and I end up having to substitute. One of my weaknesses is meal planning before grocery shopping! I've recently tried to start couponing and I realize how important this is, so I'm working on it. :) Anyway, I usually make them just like the recipe says, maybe adding some homemade guacamole and mushrooms. But, the time I decided to photograph my steps for the blog, I was out of limes and had some lemons that really needed to be used. Still tasted great!

Steph was visiting when we decided to make these, and since I don't have a fancy lemon squeezer, she volunteered. :)

This picture doesn't look that impressive, but this is what makes these so yummy!


Don't forget to brush your veggies with olive oil.


Grill your veggies and chicken to your liking.

You aren't supposed to separate your onion rings until after they come off the grill. But, mine usually fall apart. :) I think they taste the same.


Cut up your chicken and veggies and toss with remaining marinade.


Serve to your hungry little family....

Even the youngest ones can enjoy their own little version :)

She will eat the chicken, but not the peppers or onions.


Hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Please, let me know if you try them, and what you think!! :)

4 comments:

  1. first off just came across your blog and i just adore it. your little one is so cute. plus that fajita just looks delish! You should check out the Bobbi Brown eye shadow compact I'm giving away on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is sooooooooo cute and I love that kind of food anytime. Have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cait! I'm so glad you visited my blog. I'm sure I have missed your giveaway, but I will definitely be checking out your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...