Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

a restful week and birthday party fun

Good afternoon friends! I have to admit, it's taken me a while to get going in this new year. Ella Claire and I started our week out being etremely productive, and then as the week went on, we had a few days with no place we had to go.  That hasn't happened in a while, so we decided to take full advantage and stay home for a few days. I did do a bit of cleaning, but for the most part, we played and relaxed and just enjoyed being together. We even stayed in our pj's one day. :)

I didn't make any resolutions this year, but I have a few things rolling around in my mind that I would like to improve on. For instance we have gotten out of our good habit of running and taking walks together as a family. Part of that is due to the cold weather and the fact that it's dark when Jeremy gets home. So, yesterday, Ella Claire and I bundled up and pulled out our long lost friend, the tike tech jogging stroller. We went during her nap time, so she didn't last long.

My view of my sleeping beauty...




































I would say that our first (and only!) effort towards a routine of exercise was a success! I did run attempt to run, but that part didn't go so well. It's been awhile. So, I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen and try again soon. :) Eventually, if I keep at it, I am sure I will be running again in no time. That's the plan anyway. So y'all keep me accountable, okay?

This week, Ella Claire also attended her first birthday party at pump it up. Her friend Jack from church turned 3! She enjoyed playing, but she really enjoyed the snacks! The tables they have set up in the party area are basically heavy plastic and metal picnic tables.  Jeremy and I enjoyed every moment of watching her sit at that table like a big girl eating her gold fish. She also had a piece of pizza on her plate, but wasn't interested in it at all (so daddy ate it).




































She sat next to her friend Melody. Sweet girls!



































Well, the weekend is now upon us, and it's time for some more fun! Hope you have a fabulous one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...